Create Randomized CoC Tome Descriptions
About the Generator
What it Does
The program uses the random number seed as the starting point to generate a
number of random descriptions of Lovecraftian "tomes", suitable for
use in a
Call of Cthulhu
roleplaying campaign. Game statistics are included. Note that the tomes are
not stories, but merely descriptions of fictional supernatural books like
mentioned in Lovecraft's stories.
Tomes generated contain the following information:
- Cthulhu Mythos skill addition
- Sanity loss
- Number of spells (but not which spells)
- Study time, in weeks
- Basic description of the author (unenlightened observer, occult student, insane cultist, etc.)
- Language tome is written in
- Style of tome (obscure, cryptic, etc.)
Things to Remember
- Any specific random number seed will always produce the same series
of tomes, no matter how many are generated at once.
- Every random number seed produces a different series of tomes.
- Many of the random combinations will seem nonsensical. This is because,
well, they're random. The descriptions are really meant as starting
points or inspirations to help Keepers design their own tomes.